When is it time to replace?
Certain telltale signs indicate it’s time to consider replacing heating and cooling equipment, or improving the performance of your overall system. It may be time to call us to help you make a change if:
• Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old. Consider replacing with ENERGY STAR qualified equipment that uses 20 percent less energy than new standard models.
• Your furnace is more than 15 years old
• Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up. Your cooling or heating equipment may have become less efficient.
• Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold. Improper equipment operation, duct problems or inadequate insulation could be the cause.
• Your home has humidity problems. Poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, and leaky ductwork can cause the air to be too dry in the winter or too humid in the summer.
• Your home has excessive dust. Leaky ducts can pull particles and air from attics, crawl spaces and basements and distribute them throughout your house. Sealing your ducts may be a solution.
• Your heating or cooling system is noisy. You could have an undersized duct system or a problem with the indoor coil of your cooling equipment.
Call us today at 256-574-3057 to set up a free home evaluation to discuss your new system.